My girls, Patty and Kim, over at The Siesta Fiesta Blog came up with these questions to help us get to know each other. I thought it would be fun to add to my blog!
1. If money were no object, what would your dream home look like?
Well if we were talking realistically I'd like to think I would say something really humanitarian like: "Well, I've actually considered downsizing and giving the profits to missions or feeding the hungry in Africa." But....... we're pretending, right?
So, if money were no object I would probably have a 70 million dollar chateau in the South of France. What? Brad and Angelina just got one? Nevermind.......
No really, I'd probably just have a modest 7,000 square foot home with a Creative Discovery Museum in one wing (for the kids) and a home gym in the other wing. No, I probably wouldn't use it but hey, I'd be out of excuses, right?
2. If money were no object where would you shop for clothes?
Rodeo Drive, Baby!!!! Ha, just kidding....ummm I'm not really a fashion guru so Old Navy and Kohl's would be fine with me...oh and Target too!
3. If money were no object where would you like to go on vacation?
I have to pick one? Wait. This is my fantasy list. I can pick as many as I want. New York City. Greece. Italy. Ireland. Australia. Cabo San Lucas Hawaii.
4. If you could go back in time with whom would you spend a day with?
My grandpa, sitting at the bar in the kitchen, running his fingers through his gray hair. A kitchen towel folded up and put under his elbows where he could sit and pull the foil off of gum wrappers. I'd let him tell me story after story about his life even if I'd heard it a million times before.
5. If you could be an animal for a day what would you be and why?
One of those ankle biter chihuauhas. Maybe I could find a mailman to bite. :))
6. What is the bravest thing you have ever done?
I've fought a few fire breathing dragons in my time......
7. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
"You'd look real pretty if you lost some weight." Ok. Maybe that was the worst! HA!
My dad told me once that he thought I was a good mother. That was nice to hear.
8. What gift have you received that you will always treasure?
My salvation and my family.
9. If you could only have one favorite food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ok, does this mean that I get to only have this one food or do I get to have all the other mediocre food (like salad) and then this one favorite food? Because if so it would be donuts but if all I ate was donuts then I might be pretty sick of them after a while......Maybe I need to go on a donut diet to get it out of my system!!!!
10. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I refuse to answer this question. I don't want to hurt any of the other ice cream's feelings.
11. When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
President of the United States. Then I figured out you had to be really good at lying. I am a horrible liar.
12. Besides God who has influenced you the most?
Probably my grandpa.
13. What part of your daily routine do you enjoy the most?
14. If you won 1 million dollars what would you do with it?
Tithe.Build my dream home. Go on a dream vacation. Help my family. Help build our life center at church.
I just turned the BIG 3-0 and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet..... I'm married to Jamie and have two children. Madeline is 10 and Jack is 4. I work full time for the post office as a mail carrier and do my best to live so that others may see Christ through me!