Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Postal Musings

I occasionally deliver mail to a business that specializes in palm reading and future telling. One day there was a note in the box and here is how it goes:

Dear mailman, (didnt she know I was coming?)

We haven't been getting our mail and was hoping you could tell us
why?

Your psychic friends network, Whitney

So.....I could be totally nice and say "Ma'am your box is a little too low and we need you to raise it a little"

or......*looking at my palm* "well it looks to me like you will have a long, healthy life...oh wait that was a smudge of dirt....oh ok here it is.....your box is too low. Have a great day!!!!"

Now while that would have been fun....I had to resort to writing on her note that her box was too low....but then again she probably knew that was what I was gonna do, yeah right!!!! LOL

Look! I have a new signature thanks to Mandy! She directed me to http://www.mylivesignature.com/ and it was free!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I dont want you to miss Bible Study either. I think you are well on your way to financial freedom. I need you in Bible Study as much as you need it!!

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty said...

If they are psychic I think they should know why they aren't getting their mail. ;o) Just my two cents. LOL! I am loving your blog and you have a great sense of humor! How are the twins?

Deedra said...

If she is such a great psychic, she shouldn't even NEED to get her mail. She should already know what's coming!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

You totally have to start a weekly Postal Musings..and do please start with the one about your falling out of the truck and it helping you back up.

What is that cartoon where the Dune Buggy talked? Cause that's the visual I have with you and your mail truck...LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi again Brooke..glad you found the picture of the snow. I need to set up a blogger account just to do mailman blogs. I should post more mailman pictures in my picture section..I think my only one is from December of my utility Lynne and the parcels she had that day. I used to have the most scenic route in Rochester..one I took after wendy bid off..it was a pig though. Now I remember why I don't post too many pictures of my routes..if someone didn't like me they could find me easily!
This blog was funny..my joke about psychic's is why they ever have to ask for your name! I tell a daily joke to my business customers that Wendy also loves. We both love American Idol so I burned some of the Christian songs on the show for her..this year there was more than ever. I see you like Casting Crowns..they were terrific in concert a few months ago. How can you stand delivering in the heat for most of the year? I can only stand it for 3 or 4 months. cold is OK, just don't like walking through 2 feet of snow! God Bless..Jim