Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dear Ms. Anonymous.........

Well I've received my first critical anonymous comment. While I'm happy to see traffic coming to my blog, I'm not one for criticism...ha. Especially when its about my then newly potty trained 3 year old son. The post was about Jamie teaching Jack to pee standing up when Jack FINALLY decided to start using the potty.

Puppy dog tails....and pee on the seat?

There is the post and now here is the anonymous comment:

Anonymous said...
I live in a house with two housemates, one male, David, and one female, Teresa. (I'm female). Recently Teresa admitted to me that she stepped into a puddle of pee on the bathroom floor that David had left and was on the warpath. (They share the upstairs bathroom.) I had left a note in the downstairs bathroom that said, "After using the toilet remember to put the toilet seat down and wipe up all spill/spray. Thanks." This seemed to discourage David from using that bathroom, but his antics continue upstairs.

Now I see this blog and I realize: the mothers are enablers!!!! Why do you gals put up with this? why is it YOUR job to clean up after your husbands/sons? In addition to leaving pee around the toilet sat, he leaves whiskers/hair in the sink (he's one of the bald guys who shaves his head). Teresa and I have had it and are giving him an ultimatum: either he cleans up after himself or he leaves.

Ladies, why do you put up with this? Please teach your sons to clean up after themselves, because if you don't you're going to be handing their untidy habits to future girlfriends/wives. Imagine how well the guys would take if if we left drops of menstrual blood all over the toilet seat! What, you got a problem with that, fella? Can't imagine why!!!! so why are you putting up with the pee?



Dear Mrs. Anonymous,

Thank you for encouraging me not to enable my newly potty trained son when he misses his aim. I will definitely consider his future wife (we don't encourage living in with a girlfriend) as I make him clean up his urine out of the floor before we head to daycare.
Secondly, I thank you for encouraging me to not put up with my husband for also missing his aim. I will now either:
a.) nag him continually every day for the rest of my life, or
b.) or just leave him because now I realize I just shouldn't put up with this sort of thing!

Now, you can probably tell but I was being a little sarcastic. I will definitely NOT make my son clean the bathroom floor and will definitely NOT nag or leave my husband for things that you say I shouldn't put up with. Sadly, the truth is, if the toilet gets cleaned my husband is actually the one to do it. However, in Ephesians chapter 5 the Bible states that I should respect my husband. I can request that he stop peeing on the seat but I will not be giving him any ultimatums to clean up or leave! Lastly, it doesn't sound like you have a husband or children so come on back over and chat when you do!

Sincerely, Brooke

Maybe I should have ignored this comment and went on about my day but like Sarah Palin said in an interview, if you start attacking my children/family a mama bear rises up in me!!!!
(She may or may not have used a different animal in the interview, ha)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that was a typical Brooke fun read!! Way to go on the (we don't encourage living together) comment!!! Priceless!!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I for one would appreciate it if you would teach Jack to clean his pee if by some chance he ends up marrying Sydney. Truly. I don't want my princess having to wipe up pee her whole life..LOL

You are the bomb.

Brooke said...

Ha...poor Sydney....

Well, just to be clear, I have taught him the basics. I just don't feel comfortable letting him clean the toilet yet. Especially when I don't feel comfortable cleaning it myself...hahahahhaha

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke -- the Sarah Palin reference was my favorite part. Did I mention that me and Sarah are BFFs? Well, she doesn't know either but I'm sure she'll catch on soon enough. Ohh, does that make me a stalker too?

jennyhope said...

Well, I mean this lady has some really small fish to fry writing you all that. Maybe you can pass the memo that she can start working on world peace. You horrible mother i can't believe you let your son sit on the toilet to tinkle. I mean this lady clearly has never had a child. And who in the world are Theresa and David anyway?

Do you know him? Does he call you at home? Ace Ventura

jennyhope said...

The pitbull wearing lipstick comes out in me. I didn't read your part until just now...

Girl your man and son better just shape up with the pee or ship out. The horror

What about Morgs saying this lady at the salvation army was taking a dump...LOL!!!

Patty said...

This really ticks me off. I have read in the last week that single mothers are too blame for the economy and now I am to blame for sons who pee on the toilet seat, floor,etc... that is it...I am an enabler. I am so glad this is clear. I can see it now, the judge asks you why you want a divorce and you say, because he doesn't wipe his urine off the toilet seat. Have mercy!

Shaunta said...

Obviously Ms. Anonymous doesn't have a motherly bone in her whole body. You were a lot nicer than I would have been!

Deedra said...

Ms Anonymous, if a little sprinkle from the tinkle is the only trouble you have with your man, then you really have it quite good, wouldn't you say? If you think not then maybe you should just use the massive proceeds from the parenting book you most surely will author to build yourself a new place to go potty?

.....love the part about shacking up! haha!!

I missed you yesterday! I hope M did great! I had Jack in my SS class and he was a doll! Can't wait til next week...(hint, hint) :)

Kate said...

haa haa haa haa haa...I laughed my head off from the start to the very last comment.

Dear Anon: I love your thoughts. I too am single (but I don't even let single men in my house...or married for that matter...unless he's with his wife), and the first thing I would find out before we say "I do" is does he clean up after himself...if not...he's history (thus my singleness). AND...should I ever have a son...from the time that boy grabs his first bottle, I will put a mop in his hand and teach him how to work it. Then, when his coordination gets better, I'll teach him how to cook me dinner, and do my laundry, he should be able to support me by the time he's 3 years old...yeah...kids rock!

All you mean people: lay off the people who aren't married and don't have kids...can't we all just get along??? We have ideas too!

Brooke...I'm sure you are an awesome mommy...don't let anyone pee on your parade.

amywaddell said...

this is hysterical!!!!

GratefulinGA said...

do you not love 'Anonymous' commentors?
These cowards can spout pompous opinions wrapped in anonymidy with no way for you to view the 'know it all' who smears and runs.

Hang tough Brooke and keep 'keepin' it real-unlike some folks you 'don't' know.
hugs,
tammy

Becky said...

LOL!

Isn't it funny how these sorts of comments are always anonymous?

Loved the Sarah Palin comment, lol.

Wendy L said...

Ms Anonymous where are you now? Haahahahaaahaa! To funny!

Pricexmop said...

Obviously Ms. Anonymous doesn't have a motherly bone in her whole body. You were a lot nicer than I would have been!