Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sleepless in Mobile

If you have read my posts from this past weekend you know that my brother, Joey and his wife, Ashley had twin boys on Saturday! You know growing up I thought having twins would be SO cute...that is, until I actually had children (one at a time!) My brother called me today, and let me tell you....he sounded SO pitiful!!! Ashley's mother stayed the first couple of days but now they are utterly and completely alone!!!! They are exhausted and I SOOOO wish I could take off down to Mobile to help!!! Joey actually kinda laughed and asked if our church took prayer requests and I said Yes! and my blog girls will pray too!!!! (you will, right?) I know this may seem trivial to you because a lot of us have been there and done that and it's easy to forget sometimes how hard it was, but please say a little prayer for them! I am praying that in this difficult time in their lives, even though they are crying-eating every two hours-miracles, that Joey and Ashley will turn to God. Even though they are alone several miles away from any family, God is still near waiting for them to turn their faces to Heaven!
I am adding a picture of them so you can see their sweet faces!!! Ashley, if you see this, I'm sorry for posting your picture without make-up but you are still beautiful!!!!


Wow! This is so theraputic....LOL
Love ya'll!

4 comments:

Patty said...

I will pray for Joey and Ashleigh. It isn't trivial. I remember those times very well and they were hard!! May God give them peace and the twins peace and allow rest to come to all four of them!!

Anonymous said...

That is by far the sweetest post from you yet! I actually teared up and you know how hard it is for me to cry! LOL!! I will pray for them. Those sleepless nights wear on your nerves and everything is magnified. But tell them, that weeping may endure for the night but joy does come in the morning. It just may not be tomorrow morning!

Deedra said...

I definitly remember it with Carter! I remember sitting in the chair nursing him with the boppy pillow and evidently falling asleep. I know this because I woke up just in time for the next feeding. It scared the living daylights out of me! When we thought we were having 2 i thought, How am I gonna nurse them and not kill them?...lol

I will definitly be praying for them!

CINDY said...

Life will never be the same for Joey and Ashley, but Luke and Landon will (after J and A get some sleep) be the most wonderful blessings ever. :^)

My twin granddaughters are already 3 years old!!!!! Time flies.

Brooke, great pics!