Saturday, August 30, 2008

God Stop Friday

So I'm copycatting (is that a word, and if so, did I spell it right? Did I use my commas correctly in that last sentence?) Patty by using last Friday's event...which in case anyone has forgotten was Beth Moore in San Antonio, TX!!! :))

Although I met A LOT of wonderful women, my God stop moment was meeting my new friends, Elizabeth and Tammy. Out of the hundreds of women staying in the Marriot we (Lisa and I) ran into these two women in the elevator. I wasn't gonna speak first because you know I'm so shy (ha), but Tammy wasn't going to let me get away with that! She poked me on the shoulder and I don't really remember what was said after that but she became my "touchy-feely" friend. Friday evening as we waited in line to go to our seats I got to know more about Elizabeth. I found that we were a lot alike (of course we were, inside joke) and it was as if we had been friends forever! I truly believe, and as she wrote in my Siesta cookbook (thanks Holly!), that God brought us together for a reason!!!
So, thank you Tammy and Elizabeth for a wonderful time in San Antonio and I hope to share many more memories with you!!! I love ya'll!!!!

12 comments:

Patty said...

I love you to pieces and we are planning something. Lisa was suppose to email you. We are looking at Nov. 2 & 3. A weekend of fun in Nashville. Are you game? ALSO, I told Georgia that we should drive down or over to where ya'll live and visit your church one Sunday!!

Let us know!!!
Love,
Patty

Brooke said...

YES,YES, and YES!!!! Yay!!!!!! I'm so putting in leave for vacation on Tuesday!!!!
And yes, please come and visit with us!!! We would be so happy!! (I promise, no singing specials ha)

Georgia4God said...

hey girl! I finally broke down and put you on my little blog list... I didn't really want to but.. jk

last nite at work I randomly started singing your new signature song(see youtube video in previous post) and I got happy and sad all at the same time! :o) anyway.. can't wait to tear up the karaoke w/you again!!

marine's words said...

just coming by to say Hi ! wish I would of spent more tiem with you but its was kind of hard for me ") mairna

Fran said...

You are so funny!! I really wanted to be around those 2 more but for whatever reason I couldn't.

Hopefully see ya soon!! Noone else is writing me back so Pattys dates are correct. :) Tell Lisa to put it on her calendar!

Hugs to ya,
Fran

Fran said...

Actually, Nov 1 and 2. :)

GratefulinGA said...

For the record, you are more dear than funny...and we all know how fun-ny you are.

I would love the opportunity to crash your southeast Siesta 'hook-up' (I just love slang!). Keep me on your short list if ya'll enlarge your group.

Biggest Touchy Feely Hug,
Tammy

GratefulinGA said...

For the record, you are more dear than funny...and we all know how fun-ny you are.

I would love the opportunity to crash your southeast Siesta 'hook-up' (I just love slang!). Keep me on your short list if ya'll enlarge your group.

Biggest Touchy Feely Hug,
Tammy

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I'm jealous.

That's all.

Lisa

p.s. I love your new profile picture more than anything I've ever seen in my whole life.

jennyhope said...

wait a cotton pickin minute...i thought we were bffs

Aunt_Nette said...

You are a hoot. I wish I could join you for the November get together but I must work.



Get out there hide that cache.

Woman of Many Names said...

Oh, Brookie - How on earth did it take me a MONTH to see this post?!?! I MUST stop procrastinating with my blog. I miss you (and everyone) dearly. I've checked with Dave about November 1 & 2 and all appears to be okay. Are you still in? (Here's where you say "YES!") I'll be sure to get that mother-in-law of mine up to Nashville as well. It'll be SO fun to see some of the girls again! YAY!!! :)
See you soon,
Elizabeth