Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away.......

If you stick your head out of the door today and hear wailing...it's not the wind. It's me 25 miles away, walking in the rain. I'm on a walking route today and I've been a storm watcher this morning hoping and praying (Is it wrong to pray to God that I don't get wet today?) that the rain will pass before 10am!!!

A lot of people don't realize that mail carriers walk. My own daughter thinks all I do is ride around in a truck all day (I told her I was tired one evening and that was her response) and let me tell you, it's not easy keeping mail dry while your walking. So all you people with mailboxes on your porch, this is why your coupons are wet. Please don't ask me when you meet me at the door to get said coupons, "Are you staying dry?" This is the most horrible question to hear when rain is dripping off your nose. I might just flip out one day. Nah, I would never do that ;))

I'm sorry for a whiney post. Please just let me whine today....it's raining.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, so while I am sitting in my dry office looking out the window at the rain pouring down, maybe, just maybe it is not raining where you are!

Patty said...

Whine away Brooke!! You deserve it and I would whine to. It's not fun being in the rain and trying to keep people's coupons dry. What a question, are you staying dry?! You could say yes, about as dry as your coupons. ;o)

A good day to stay in and watch movies. I have to know, did you How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days? One of my favorites!!

Becky said...

It's a good day for a good book and a cup of hot tea. My grandma always had hot tea waiting on us on rainy days in Western Washington...it took some of the gloom out of the afternoon.

Love your mailgirl stories!

Katie said...

Whine all you want. No one likes that, I'm wet and I'm going to be wet and drippy for a long time feeling. I enjoyed your blog!

Cheryl said...

It's O.K. to whine. I would do the same thing. Just wrap up good, stay warm and do not get sick. Have a good week girl.

Kellan said...

I hope it didn't rain on you. I have a cousin that I'm close with that lives in FL that is a mail carrier. You work very hard - thanks from all of us that get mail delivered to our boxes! See ya.